The activities in the first year of the Project, Strengthening Participatory Planning and Community Development Cycle for Good Local Governance, has completed in May, 2010. Foci of the first year activities were placed on setting-up of institutional foundation for the coming Project activities and capacity development of the Regional Task Force (RTF) members and Ward Facilitators (WFs) who would play significant roles in the second year onwards. The activities in the first year included:
- Selection of 5 target LGAs (Bagamoyo DC, Kisarawe DC, Kilombero DC, Morogoro DC, and Ulanga DC)；
- Orientation of the Project approaches to the core stakeholders of the Coast and Morogoro RSs and 5 target LGAs；
- Formation of Training Task Force (TTF) which functions to develop an effective training system for WFs and RTFs；
- Formation of RTF each in Coast and Morogoro Region which functions to support WFs in facilitating communities and share their experiences within the target LGA as well as at Regional levels；
- Selection of WFs；
- Development of a training system and curriculum for WF Training and RTF Training；
- Operation of WF Training and RTF Training； and
- Pre-review of actual status of sector coordination in LGAs.
Upon completion of the first year, the O&OD Team prepared Progress Report 1 (P/R1) which included a summary of the progress in the first year, and challenges and a way forward toward the second year operation. It was presented to and endorsed by Technical Working Group (TWG), chaired by the Acting Director of Local Government, and Joint Coordination Committee (JCC), chaired by the Deputy Permanent Secretary, held on 26th and 27th of May 2010.